• In order to give each face design the attention it deserves, we paint approximately 12 full faces per hour depending on the design. Please schedule your event accordingly.
• The price quoted is as quoted and per hour unless fully quoted, excluding any discounts. The balance is due by the day of the event. In some circumstances payment can be made by alternative arrangement. This will be discussed before invoicing If extra face painting time is requested at the event, and the artist is available, the artist will stay after the contracted time for an additional fee which will then be agreed upon by both parties. An additional contract will need to be agreed upon.
This contract between Carnivelle Face & Body Painting and client shall not become effective until it is confirmed and contract returned. At the time the contract takes effect, Carnivelle Face & Body Painting shall reserve the date and time agreed upon, and not make any other reservations or accept any other clients for said date and time. For this reason, in the event that client cancels the contract for any reason, within 2 weeks prior to the event, half of monies paid, or the full deposit if less, shall be retained by Carnivelle Face & Body Painting in order to offset its loss of business. The full balance would be due if the event is cancelled less than 48 hours before. If performer would have to cancel due to illness, any retainer would be returned or we would make every effort to try to find a replacement for you, but cannot guarantee one.
• Adverse Working Conditions: Performer has the right to cease entertainment and leave without refunding any monies if there are extreme adverse working conditions and the Client fails to remedy the situation after it has been brought to the Client’s attention. Adverse conditions included but not limited to: adverse weather conditions, destructive, violent, or inappropriate behavior of a child or adult; illegal activities; dangerous conditions.
• Client agrees to provide an area with sufficient lighting and protection from extreme temperatures, sun, rain, snow and excessive wind. we can not set up too near a sound system (need to be able to hear the guests) or a bounce house or other inflatable (for safety reasons).
• We are not responsible for childcare and can not supervise children. Their behavior and safety is the Client’s and/or Parents’ responsibility. We cannot see other children and what they are doing while we are painting. We require an adult at all times to monitor the children.
• We use professional grade face paints, cosmetic grade glitter for the skin and professional prosthetics and adhere to the strictest sanitation and hygiene procedures. We are not liable for allergic reactions to paints. Children with skin allergies or sensitive skin should either not participate, or have a patch test done at the beginning of the event. For safety reasons, We will not paint children under 3 years of age. For sanitary reasons, we will not paint anyone who is or appears to be sick or suffering from: cold sores, conjunctivitis, infectious skin condition, eczema, open wounds or lice. We will use reasonable care, but we are not responsible for paint damage to clothing or property. The Client agrees to pay for any accidents or injuries caused by pets or guests, and/or any damage to my equipment or supplies caused by pets or guests.
It is the clients responsibility to let guests know ahead of time (included in the invitations/flyers is a good idea) that there will be a face painter at your event. If anyone prefers that their child not have face painting done (due to allergies or any other reason) please advise me prior to start of the event. We do have other options for these situations, like temporary tattoos.